Monday, September 28, 2009

Put a Smile on Your Face This Monday Morning!

I can't find where this originally came from, or I'd post a source. It just made me chuckle this morning, so I thought I'd share with everyone.

A while back an old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. I could tell from his collar (though no tags) and well-fed belly and the fact he was clean that he had a home. He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep on the couch.



My dogs didn't seem to mind and he seemed like a good dog and I was Ok with him, so I let him nap. An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, resumed his position on the couch, and slept for an hour.

This continued for several weeks. Curious, I pinned a note to his collar that I wrote: "Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap. I don't mind but want to be sure it's ok with you."

The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar:
"He lives in a home with ten children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. May I come with him tomorrow?"

2 comments:

  1. What a fun story and a beautiful portrait!! I love both!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete