Wednesday, March 4, 2009

HSSV

My mural in the socialization room of The Humane Society of Silicon Valley

After this past week, I’m so glad that I finally have the opportunity to sit down and update everyone. It was non-stop painting, fund raising, and go, go, going, so writing to the world via my blog seems almost like a vacation!


For three days at the end of February, I traveled to the Humane Society of Silicon Valley (HSSV) to paint in their new Animal Community Center, which is the FIRST “green” shelter in America. After years of fund raising, planning, and building, the facility is almost complete. Even through the construction I could see what an AMAZING place it’s going to be for animals and their people. Beyond a place where people can adopt animals, it also has an animal-friendly café, dog park, veterinary clinic, and doggy daycare, among other things.


The rooms that the dogs stay in while up for adoption are bright, spacious, and best of all cage less! Adding to the brightness, I painted a portrait in each of the eight rooms, which surround a common area called the “socialization room.” I also painted a mural in this room as well – one of my favorites, a dog on a bright green couch!


Check out my pictures and I’ll post more on the rest of my weekend later this week!


Painting a Basset Hound in one of the rooms where dogs stay until they find their furever home.


Three paintings in three of the rooms at the HSSV


4 comments:

  1. Ron, it was great to have worked with you on this project - we are looking forwrd to seeing you again this spring for the HSSV gala opening!

    Sonya, Mark and SAMi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome way to work your love for pets

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for friending me Ron! I love your portraits! I think the room's murals are fabulous and I commend you for doing this! I have a new artfire.com friend who actually takes in pets of military troops who have to leave their dogs behind. She takes them in and takes care of them while they're gone on duty! Is that not awesome?
    Oh how I wish I had the moolah to get a painting of my baby.. tootsiebella! She is a total hoot. a little thing but full of it.
    she's black with a white "T" on her chest. little bugger!
    Anyway, good work! Just love all your colors.. since I am a color nut! I'm sitting in our teal computer room now with purple accents!
    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these paintings!! It's hard to choose a favourite, but I really like the Lab with the dribbles coming off his tongue :-) The dog on the sofa is great too!!

    Your wonderful paintings are sure to brighten the days of everyone at the HSSV :-)

    Thanks for all you do to help abandoned pets and the people who care for them :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete